Friday, June 17, 2011

Excited... Nervous... Scared...

I had been told on Monday, June 13th, that we had not conceived this month.  I was getting blood work done to check my progesterone levels.  My hcg was 0, and my progesterone level was 8.1, too low to support a pregnancy.  However, my midwife told me to take a test on Friday morning, just in case a miracle was in store.  Friday morning, I woke up, got Shelby off to her last day of school, and debated.  I had about 15 pregnancy tests in my bathroom.  We like to call this a p.o.a.s.(pee on a stick) addict.  Ha!  Ha!  I decided I better take a test, since it was Friday, and I'd need blood work done IF it comes up positive.  So, I took a test... and within about 45 seconds, there were two lines!



Photobucket


I was so excited, and so very scared at the same time!  I had suffered a miscarriage just 4.5 weeks prior.  I immediately called my midwife, but she didn't answer.  She says, "If I don't answer, send me a txt!"  So I sent her a txt.  I called and told Hubby, he was excited, but also nervous.

Shakyra and I went to Shelby's school to spend the last couple of hours of 2nd grade with her.  Deep inside, all I could think about was the fact that I was going to give the girls a sibling.  However, to protect their hearts, I knew, I had to keep this a secret until I was further along.    My midwife called while I was attending Shelby's assembly.  Have you ever tried talking on a phone, with 500 kids singing silly songs in a gymnasium???  Yea, I didn't think so!  LOL  So I snuck into the bathroom to talk to her.  She couldn't believe I had a positive test after my blood work on Monday, but she said, congratulations!  Now go to the clinic and get blood work.  I will call and let them know you are coming in today!  She also started me on Prometrium, since my progesterone was low, and you need the progesterone to support a pregnancy!

I gave the baby the nickname Skittle... because any baby conceived/born after a loss is a "Rainbow baby."  So I just thought that it was cute, and fitting.  =)

I only told a few close friends and family... those that I knew would help me, just in case, this pregnancy, wasn't meant to be.  Little did I know...

1 comment:

  1. I know this is over a year old, but I'm finally catching up with your journey. You're an amazing mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete