Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ultrasound....

I am 8 weeks and 1 day.  I was a nervous wreck on the way to the perinatologists office where the u/s is done.  The u/s went great!  Better than I expected, actually.  There is ONE Skittle, with a heart beating at 167 bpm.  And Skittle was measuring perfectly... exactly 8 weeks and 1 day!  Yes, I know the DAY we conceived our little miracle!  =)

Introducing... Skittle!!!

I met with one of the peri's, and he wants to see me back in two weeks because of my "not so thrilling" history.  He has ordered a number of blood tests that he wants run to make sure I don't have a range of problems that are causing me to miscarry.  This is my 7th pregnancy, and I have two healthy daughters.  He was very nice, and just stated that, at this point, the baby looks good and healthy.  What more could I ask for???  I left there with a smile on my face.

However... I guess the other feeling of reassurance has hit me, since, I am sicker than a dog!  I've been puking since around 8 pm last night.  Guess I had it coming, but wow, has it hit me like a wall of bricks!  After the u/s, I went to the ER to get hydrated, and some IV Zofran to get my puking under control.  For me, with hyperemesis, once I start puking, I don't stop until I get some IV fluids and IV Zofran.  After spending 5 hours in the ER, I left feeling much better than I did when I went in.  I got 3 bags of IV fluids, 8 mg's of IV Zofran, and a prescription for some Zofran.  Oh, and did I mention, there is nothing like hospital ice chips?  And saltine crackers taste scrumptious!  LOL!

The girls were at my parents house, thanks goodness.  Had they known what was going on, they would have been really worried about their momma.  I am just glad to be home, and going to hopefully get some sleep.

The secret remains...

No comments:

Post a Comment