Friday, November 11, 2011

Meeting with Neonatologist.....

I met with Dr. Ilg, a neonatologist, this afternoon. A very busy Dr, but was able to squeeze me in between rounds and deliveries!  He explained to me how things can go, and how things can not go.  Thankfully I have done a lot, and have learned a lot about Stormy's condition, so I knew a lot about what he was saying.  It is really helpful though, hearing it directly from the professional, and someone that has been there done that.  He explained what will be going on after she is born, and all that stuff that goes along with a baby with "bad" lungs.  I say "bad" because we honestly don't know how good, how bad, or what kind of lungs she has in there.  Hopefully, she has a good right lung, and what she has of a left lung is strong!  One can at least hope anyways!  He is giving me the referral to Portland.  He also explained to me why it is dangerous to have to transport such a fragile neonate.  When you are on an oscillator vent, that vent is not available on transport.  That makes things extra risky.  He agrees that she should be born IN the hospital that has ECMO available to her, should she need it.  He said he would be contacting Portland in the next week, and we would go from there.  Overall, the appointment went well, and as scary as the future and the unknown are... I have complete confidence that Stormy WILL come out of this ON top, and show everyone what she is made of!!  ♥

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen any posts for a while.. How are you doing? Will you be delivering in Portland? Continued prayers for you!!

    Liz

    www.finleyanabelle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete