Thursday, November 10, 2011

m/w appointment...

I had my m/w appointment today.  It went very well, of course!  =)  She gave me a big hug, well lots of them actually.  She is so amazing!  She asked how I was doing, physically and emotionally.  She said she thinks about me every single day.  ♥  She didn't make me get on the exam bed, since she knows it hurts me just to walk.  She feels awful that on top of everything, I have the stupid pelvis problem.  Just what I needed.  While she was trying to find Stormy's heartbeat....  Shelby and Shakyra thought it was funny that she wasn't finding it, so they started giggling, saying Stormy was hiding from her.  My m/w then said, ya know, you can take this stupid probe from me and find her heartbeat, I know you are a pro at this.  Of course, she added gel, I moved it, and as soon as I put it on my tummy, there it was.  Haha!  It's the mothers touch.  =P  Then she measured my tummy, just with her hands... she said, no need for a "in depth measurement" cuz then she has to push on the pelvis to get it.  Yea, no thanks! Eep!  She said no reason to add more pain.  She said I am measuring great, maybe a bit ahead, but that is good since we need lots of room and a good size baby for the fight she will endure.  Then she laughed and said, oh boy, next appointment is the glucose test.  Yuck!  Then she said, but of course, we will just draw your A1C.  =)  Thank goodness!  She said there is no reason to torture me more... I've never held the damn drink down anyways!  They will also draw my bile salts again with that blood draw, to see if my liver is still doing ok, or if the levels are elevated at all. Hoping that it has stayed the same!!  Tomorrow is the appointment with the neo.  He is the one that will send my referral to Portland, and I will then start the battle with insurance, yet again. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment