Friday, October 7, 2011

Shelby's birthday and m/w appointment...

Today started off pretty good.  Shelby requested that I wake her up at 10:07 am, since it was 10-7-11 after all, and her 9th birthday.  ♥  She woke up with the biggest smile on her face.  We then ran around to get ready to head to my m/w appointment.

We got their a couple minutes early... I set the girls up in the waiting room with the iTouches.  =)  Gotta keep em occupied and quiet!  I had my vitals, weight, etc done.  The medical assistant mentioned that it's amazing how perfect my blood pressure is, even when I am stressed.  Guess that is a good thing.  =)  My m/w was awesome!  She gave me a million hugs.  We talked about Skittle, what was going on, our plans with delivery, etc.  She said it sounded as though we have good things in order so far.  She said that she wants all future appointments with her, since I am not delivering with the midwives anyways.  No need for me to cycle through them, and have to go over my case to all of them... just easier to be with the one I love and adore!  ♥  It's also easier when I can just report to her since she will then be the only one following my case.  Supposedly my perinatologist wanted me to switch to a high risk OB.  My m/w, of course, said that was not necessary, but she talked with the high risk OB to get her opinion.  The high risk OB had the same opinion!  She said, there is nothing, with my pregnancy, that the midwife, or high risk OB could/would do anything differently.  All of my high risk stuff is done through the peri, and where ever I will be delivering, so they agreed that I needed to stay with my midwife, who already knows what is going on, and has cared for me the first 19 weeks!  Yay... take that peri!  Kick gravel and travel!  =)  So glad my m/w knows what is good for me!!  ♥  So after a million more hugs from my m/w, I had my blood drawn for my liver panel and bile salts.  Just need a baseline in case I start getting itchier and we suspect that Cholestasis is coming on.  The MA got me in ONE poke!  She was so happy!  Last time she had to draw my blood, not so good, I passed out on the table.  LOL  Then we were on our way.  My next appointment will be scheduled after I get through my specialty appointments that are coming up in a couple of weeks.

The girls and I then came home and hung out for a bit.  Shelby did a private at gymnastics, so it turned into a busy evening, gymnastics from 3-9 for Shelby, Shakyra had gym from 4-5:15, then my mom and I went to the mall to get something a present, since we took her to dinner after gymnastics.  Then we went to Costco, oh how I love that place right now.  They always get some neat Christmas things in!  After gym we went to The Onion for Shelby's birthday dinner.  We had appetizers, and then a Messy Face for dessert, Shelby's choice! Who can go wrong with a 1/2 pound brownie, with 3 scoops of ice cream and chocolate syrup on top???  Yummy!!!  We couldn't even finish it!  Shelby loved her gifts, pj's, a pink gymnast outfit, a journal, a gymnast bag, and a baby giraffe(that Shakyra picked out for her).  Then we were off for home.

Got home, and we just vegged, we were so stuffed.  The girls and I had a sleepover in the living room.  Before bed we listened to Skittle.  She was playing all around in my belly.  Must have known it was a good day!  ♥  Then I thought, what better gift, than if Shelby could feel her sister move/kick.  Well, we were having NO luck.  Skittle is a stubborn one you know!  She was face down, and I could feel her kicking down into my back.  Well, then I sneezed(anyone that knows me, I REALLY sneeze!)   Lol  And that is all it took.  She flipped right over, and started kicking Shelby like crazy.  Shelby's face lit up brighter than the sun!!  Big eyes, big smile, just complete joy on her face.  She was so excited!  She couldn't believe it.  She was like, that was soooooooo awesome mom!!!  Then Shakyra tried, and Skittle kicked her too.  Shakyra was more like, "what in the world was that?"  LOL  She knew what it was, but I think it was just odd for her.  So that was the icing on our day, and I know that Shelby will always remember the first time that Skittle kicked her.  ♥ ♥ ♥

Happy 9th Birthday Princess Shelby.  You were the best thing that ever happened to me, 9 short years ago!  I love you so much, you are an absolute gem of a daughter, and an amazing big sister.  I know you are so excited to meet your new baby sister.  I am willing to bet she will be the most spoiled, rotten sister yet!!  ♥

♥ The Birthday Girl!! ♥
Complete with a new haircut!

And another of my favorite pics.  I still can't believe the smile I captured on Shakyra's face... can we say... RARE?!?!  ♥

1 comment: