Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Skittle's Pediatric Cardiologist Appointment....

First things first.... Skittle has a P.E.R.F.E.C.T heart!!!  ♥  Wooohooo!!!  Of course, getting up to that point was pretty nerve wracking to say the least!  I was so scared and nervous.  The gel on the probe was very cold.  Not like the nice, warm gel at the peri's office.  We seen her cute lil face on the screen first.  =)  Then he got to her heart.  While he was looking around, he was very informative.  I liked that.  He told me what he was looking at, and what everything was.  The monitor was connected to a big screen t.v. hanging on the wall, omg, that thing was so annoying!  Driving me crazy, kept losing it's signal... yet no one was touching anything!  Lol  Talk about getting a kink in your neck trying to look at the other monitor!  Skittle wasn't always being cooperative, is she ever?  Hehe!  Being she is a moving target, he had to get on a certain part of the heart, then zoom in, and get the image he is looking for, just at that moment, she would move.  Lol!  Sure made me giggle!  It took about an hour to get all the images he needed.  Of course, we took a peak at the rest of her too, while we were there.  Although, he mentioned, "it will be a quick scan, I don't get paid to look at anything but the heart."  LOL!  He said, yup, definitely a girl.  Thank goodness!  I've told everyone, if she comes out anything but a SHE, all these techs I've been seeing are gonna need to get retrained at what they are looking at!  Hehe.  After the tech was done, I seen Dr. Jensen.  He said, that her heart made the journey to the right(wrong) side of her chest with no complications.  Said that she shouldn't ever have any heart problems.  After her surgery, he said that her heart would shift back towards the left, but most likely, never be in the correct spot that it was meant to be.  Said that it would probably reside in the middle of her chest, but it was in the correct position, and all the valves, chambers, structure, arteries, etc look awesome!  YAY!

I was so elated to leave that appointment.  I didn't sleep last night, of course.  I had nightmares leading up to this appointment... now I can at least rest easy, knowing that my lil Skittle has a perfect heart!  ♥

After the appointment, my mom treated me to China Dragon.  YUMMY!  Couldn't go wrong there!  And my fortune, very fitting...

*Your emotional nature is strong and sensitive.*

1 comment: